MB-DIOx/y-IP65 – Acquisition and control of actuators in ventilation systems
The MB-DIOx/y-IP65 module series in an IP65 housing with 2 or 4 digital inputs and 1 or 2 relay outputs (see variants) is suitable for accommodating decentralized signal contacts and controlling decentralized switching tasks. As signal contacts, e.g. window contacts or the positions of ventilation flaps, etc. can be detected and controlled for switching tasks, e.g. motorized actuators or light bands, etc.
Actuators with AMP connectors (brand from TE Connectivity) can be connected directly to the MB-DIOx/y-IP65. Depending on the operating mode, the module can be switched or requested with Modbus standard registers or with BACnet objects. For manual control, the relay outputs are equipped with switches. The settings of the operating mode, bit rate and parity are made via two rotary switches or via software.
- Acquisition of two or four sensors (for one or two ventilation flaps)
- Control of one or two actuators (ventilation dampers)
- Direct connection to actuators with AMP connectors or open wiring
- Pluggable spring clamp connection technology for bus connection and operating voltages / actuators
- Operating voltages and drives with 230 V AC, 24 V AC/DC
- BACnet MS/TP and Modbus RTU on one device
- Housing with IP65 protection
- For decentralized mounting (low wiring effort)
Example | Control and detection of ventilation dampers 24 V AC / DC or 230 V AC
Buildings such as offices, hotels, schools and industrial buildings are exposed to high-level demands in terms of functionality, such as indoor air. Frequent ventilation during the day is necessary to ensure good indoor air using regular manual window ventilation. But the right time for airing is usually associated with an individual’s subjective feeling and often does not correspond to the need for healthy, clean indoor air. For these reasons, automated ventilation systems are increasingly being used in functional buildings and private households, mostly when built with a focus on low-energy construction. For functional buildings, bus-capable systems such as the RS485 bus with BACnet MS/TP or Modbus RTU protocol are often used.
Ffor these applications METZ CONNECT offers the four I/O fieldbus module variants listed above. They are also suitable for the following areas of application, among others:
- Detection of motion sensors
- Switching of light strips
- Control of fire protection and smoke extraction dampers with simultaneous detection of end positions